dKart ECS software family
An Electronic Chart System (ESC) is an advanced navigation tool to automate and increase safety of the sea navigation.
Products of dKart ECS family use C-MAP electronic charts in CM 93v3 format, as well as electronic navigation charts that meet the requirements of S-57 ed. 3 IHO standard.
The programs are capable of receiving information from external navigational systems, as well as data exchanging with different sensors in accordance with NMEA-0183 protocol and IEC 61162-1, IEC 61162-2 and other standards.
dKart ECS software family includes the following marine navigation products:
- dKart Navigator
A general-purpose ECS software released in various versions each targeted at its own vessel type and class.
- dKart Fishing Pro
A navigational software for fishing boats and vessels.
- dKart Ice Navigator
A software for navigation of ice class vessels in icy waters.
A marine navigator for the navy
All products of the family have the following features in common:
Compliant with standards
- IEC 60945: Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systems – General requirements – Methods of testing and required test results.
- IEC 61162: Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systems – Digital interfaces.
- IEC 62288: Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systems – Presentation of navigation-related information on shipborne navigational displays – General requirements – Methods of testing and required test results.
- IEC 62376: Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systems - Electronic chart systems (ECS) - Operational and performance requirements, methods of testing and required test results. Edition 1.
- On-board equipment requirements for ships of the Russian marine and inland ship register.
- Menu-free direct access to prgram functions.
- Tips and options in pop ups on controls.
User-friendly input of coordinates and other numerical data
Pop-up tips on control panel
Working with charts
- Formats CM93v3, S-57
- Manual and automatic updating
- Various chart formats and scales combined on one screen
- "North up", "Head up" and "Direction up" chart orientation modes
- Mouse wheel or key-assisted zoom; standard scale options on the list
- Center-click and chart panning modes; zooming on a pre-defined area
- Measurements on the chart
- Pop up information windows relevant to chart featues and targets; the "click to edit" function
- Complete chart and chart features information windows
Charts can be displayed, and navigational tasks solved, in different projtections, including:
- Mercator projection
- Stereographic projection (S-57)
- Lambert projection (S-57)
Automatic switch between projections by latitude
- Route planning on the chart and in the table
- Import/Export of routes from/to GIS formats, Excel, Google, etc.
- Datum-to-datum recalculations
- Orthodromic/Great circle calculations
- Automatic safety check of a route
Navigation mode functions
- Recalculations from the positioning system datum to user-defined geodetic one
- Continuous route monitoring in true and relative motion modes
- Navigation safety monitoring and control
- AIS and ARPA target monitoring; automatic alarming about dangerous targets according to user-defined criteria
- "Go to waypoint" control; switching to the alternative route
- Autopilot control interfaces including Class C track control
- "Man over board" maneuvering
- ETA calculations to a pre-defined point or destination
- Quick logging of voyage events
- Distance-bearing based postioning
- Positioning calculations relatively a reference point
- Logging voyage events
Navigation safety functions
- Alarm on crossing or approach to a dangerous depth contour within a user-defined time span or distance
- Alarm on entering e restricted area
- Alarm on approach to isolated dangers within the ship safety zone
- "Depth from echosounder below limit" alarm
AIS and ARPA target monitoring
- Display of AIS and ARPA targets on the chart
- Manual target functionlities
- Divergence calculations with targets
- Target information window; sortable target list (by name, MMSI, etc)
- Brief target information in a pop up on the chart
- Text messaging with AIS targets
- User-defined dangerous target criteria
- On-chart indication of dangerous and lost targets
- Target information on the chart in a pop up
- Continuous logging of voyage events
- Export/Import of the logbook
- Playback of the voyage including AIS and ARPA targets
- Converting the track to a route
User layer editor
Creation and editing of user's objects on the chart, such as:
- Circles and sectors
- Lines, areas and texts